Illegal dumping of trash at designated drop off sites have been an issue in Scott County. Below is a reminder to residents of the “do’s and don’ts” for dropping trash off and the time frames in which to do so. Scott County Sheriff’s Office will be conducting investigations of illegal dumping and citing those individuals who continue to do so. Any person(s) found violating the Ordinance may be fined up to $500.00 for the first offense and second offense up to $1,000.00.
- Residents may drop off trash at the following locations at the listed time frames:
- Stacey’s Grocery: 3:30 - 7p.m. (TUESDAY)
- Finley Firehouse: 3:30 – 7 p.m. (WEDNESDAY)
- Lexington Ballpark: 3:30 – 7 p.m. (THURSDAY)
- ALL trash must be in County SASCO bags. SASCO bags may be purchased at the following locations:
- Jay C Store
- Scott’s Ace Hardware
- Save-A-Lot Stores
- Leroy’s Grocery Store
- Recyclables are accepted. Residents are asked to separate your recyclable items from your trash items.
- Trash can still be taken free of charge IF in SASCO bags at the Scott County Landfill and Reuse Center during the following times:
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- For additional questions on what items can be taken to the Scott County Landfill, please call (812) 752-8474.