Scott County Sheriff's office is accepting applications for a Detective Position.
The Scott County Sheriff Office is hiring a Detective. The Detective position is a specialized position funded by the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute. The Detective will be a dedicated Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Detective. The primary duty of the Detective will be to investigate all cases related to domestic violence and sexual assault with the goal of assisting the arresting agency in providing the prosecuting attorney with complete information relevant to the case. The Detective will review police reports involving Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault from all jurisdictions in Scott County and determine if additional investigation is necessary to support the referred charges and/or new or different criminal charges.
Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Detective
(Varies / 24 Hour Public Service Operation)
- Completion of a Basic Law Enforcement Academy; Out of State applicants will be required to meet or exceed Indiana Law Enforcement Academy requirements as set by the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board.
- Possess 5 years of law enforcement experience with a superior record of performance.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license and be in good standing with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Must be able to complete required Indiana State Mandated training.
- Application: Candidates can obtain a Scott County Employment Application from the Scott County Auditor’s Office from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. The application must be submitted to the Auditor’s Office by 4:30 pm on July 15th, 2016.
- Resume: Candidates are required to submit a resume outlining their training and experience. Resumes should be addressed to Sheriff Dan McClain and must be turned into the Sheriff’s Office by the application deadline.